Thursday, September 27, 2007

Family fun on the farm


Last weekend, we went to G's new company picnic. Actually, it was more of a BBQ/hoedown. It was a blast, and the kids were in heaven. Great food, poker, a live band, a big bonfire... even camping. :o)
Here are the kids deep in a game of poker.
The band had the kids come up and sing with them for a couple of songs. Well, the kids that would, anyway. N was having NO part of that. :o)
Cutting a rug to the live music. (And kicking up some major dirt in the process)



My sister and I, and O ~ hanging out by the bonfire.
Here's the miracle of the evening. G and G stayed to camp with the kids, while my sister and I (and O) headed for home. We aren't exactly known for being great with directions and we were in a very unfamiliar part of town, about 45 minutes from home. I do believe my lovely brother-in-law has even once stated that my sister and I share a brain when we're together. (thanks, G) When we were leaving, the guys seemed genuinely concerned that we'd get lost. We had ONE cell phone, and it was mostly dead. We took one little teeny, tiny detour, but we made it home. I'm quite impressed with us, if I do say so myself. :o)
~mj~

No comments: