Here's a quick rundown of our Halloween festivities this year.
We stopped by a "pumpkin patch" (aka our church) to pick out our pumpkins. Can I just say...I have no idea why my son loves gourds, but he does. Nana got him one at church one Sunday, and he literally carried that thing around for a week! He even tucked it into bed next to him every night and covered it up. Hmm...now that I think about it, it may have more to do with the fact that Nana gave it to him, than his love of gourds. Ok. I feel a little better...until I think of finding one that he's stashed in a secret place, oh, sometime after Christmas. Follow that smell!!

Mariah and her cousin went to our church youth group's Halloween party. Mariah wore my old high school uniform. Girlie already looks like me, so seeing her in my old uniform was a weird, almost out-of-body experience. Then I cried all night over the fact that I'm not sure my big toe could even fit in that thing anymore!

Ok, not being very cheerleader'ish...I told her to do a jump. Her response, "WHAT?!?! Then someone could see my bloomers!!" ...which my niece, who *is* a cheerleader, kindly pointed out that they're a) called spankies now, and b) look MUCH more like granny panties than today's spankies.

Then, because it's a cheer leading skirt of the "old fashioned" kind...you know, with the pleats, I wanted her to spin. Her response, "Say wha??" Luckily, girlie is VERY used to me taking pictures of her, so she at least smiled nicely for the camera. Oooh, ooooh, oooh...see the pleats??

Then we carved pumpkins. I'm not sure, but I think this might be her gonna-look-cool look.

He knows no boundaries.

Pumpkin carving...always needs a good strategy.

And an artistic hand doesn't hurt any. We used the same nifty pumpkin carving kit for several years, but after last year's intricate pumpkin carving, we had to retire the little mini saws. So this year, we did it the old fashioned way...with kitchen knives and nothing but their imaginations.

Oh whoa!! Not you buddy...daddy's got your carving under control. thankyouverymuch.

Ok, it's not a Halloween at Team K without some sort of costume drama. Nat, of course, was unable to pick a costume off the rack. (why, oh why can't this kid be something I can BUY?!) Well, because she wanted to dress up with her brother, who has a slight obsession with Wolverine. (I did not pose him, btw...he did all of his own stunts...er...poses)

I'm dead serious. All his own poses.

So, after watching the X-men movies with the kids, Owen was dead-set on being Wolverine. At first we thought a recreation of the movie Wolverine would be fun, but then I realized that would just be more work. He saw this costume at Target, and he was sold. And so was I!
Then Nat decides she wants to be Rogue, one of Wolverine's X-men friends. Since Owen's costume was the comic book version of Wolverine, she wanted to be the comic book version of Rogue. I searched high and low, from sea to shining sea (thanks to the internet) and once again girlie's ideas can't be bought, at least not in her tiny size 8 size.
The night before her Halloween costume party at school, I'm frantically running around looking for a way to make her Rogue. Finally I told her if she was going to be Rogue, she had to be the movie version of Rogue. That's the only possibility. She was sold, and so was I.
So, without further ado, allow me to introduce (comic book version) Wolverine and (X-men movie version) Rogue!

Yeah...he's still posing...

We found the wig at Walmart, and the rest we found at Target. I made the belt with an old belt she already had, some black spray paint and some glitter glue.

Yep...close enough! :)

Rogue thinking Wolverine's stunts are a little crazy.

He *really* got into character!

Ok, before I have cps knocking on my door, he was jumping to Daddy. See picture above? (psst...lower right corner...Gerad's shoulder) I just cropped Gerad out to give the picture a more authentic, dramatic feel. However, I did want to clarify that while these look dramatic, he was perfectly safe. No Wolverines were harmed during this photo shoot. :)

Being a super hero sure is exhausting.

Oh wait, before you go...here are my kids' creations with their pumpkins. Mariah's is the runner girl. Natalie's is Spongebob, and Owen went for a more typical Jack-o-lantern look, but he drew an oval nose. He was adamant that the nose be an oval. :)

I'm still in shock that I am out of picture space here on blogger. I mean geeze...it's not like I bombard you with too many pictures or anything!
hahahhahahaaa...
~mj~
No comments:
Post a Comment