Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happy to help...


One of the things that I simply love watching is G's natural involvement of the kids in whatever he's doing. I think that is definitely a gift. If I'm doing something involved, typically the last thing I want is help, but not G. I've got numerous pictures just like this...the kids "helping" and it's one of my most favorite things to see.

I think it's the little moments, like these that will shape our children's lives. Not how many vacations we can take them on, or how much fun stuff we can cram into a summer...the sweet, simple TIME spent with them. I also love that my little girls will know things like, what a 3/8th's wrench is, and an alternator, and where it's located in a car. (And consequently why her dad needed her small hands to reach it.) We just have to remember to slow down to allow these moments to be had. Life is crazy busy with 3, but I love our slow-down moments just like this.
On a side note, for the most part I'm very proud that we drive older vehicles and that we don't live with car payments. However, when we spend $700 in a week and a half on car repairs between the two of them...oy...that would be one nice car payment. ~sigh~
Take time. It's more valuable to your kids than anything you could possibly provide for them.
~mj~

1 comment:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

What a great dad! It's great not having a car payment. Even though you had to pay for repairs, you still don't have to pay $700 every.single.month. Right? :) And also, I love the photos you posted below from Father's Day.