Saturday, May 29, 2010

Owen's first dentist appointment

He was SO excited...he's been lugged from appointment to appointment for the girls, his entire life. Between the pediatrician, the cardiologist, the dentist, the orthodontist and the optometrist...he's witnessed many, many appointments. He was quite excited it was HIS turn this time. Acting super cool with his hands in his pockets...
But when it came down to it, I think he might have been just a teeny, tiny bit apprehensive about it...(for all of about 2.5 seconds)...
I didn't notice any hesitation on his part until I looked back through the pictures. Check out his stance here...definitely some apprehension...
Like I said...2.5 seconds and he's greeting the new experience true to Owen's norm...with a laugh. :)
...and he's having a blast being the center of attention. Our hygienist was fabulous with him.
Here he is showing her how old he is...
...and here she is showing him the tooth polisher...and how it tickles. :)
By the end of the cleaning, he's as cool as a cucumber. Check out the crossed legs...what a cool dude. :)
But then the cleaning was over, and we had to wait for the dentist, and his new found friend (the hygienist) moved on...and in 2.5 seconds...boredom set in.
So he monkeyed around in the chair...

...and he re-did his bib...
...and he snooped through some cabinets...
...and he played peek-a-boo with mommy....
...until it was finally time to meet Dr. Kathy.
Only Owen can take a mundane trip to the dentist and turn it into the adventure of the week! Never a dull moment with this kid...but I adore how he makes me see the world in a whole new light.
And he did GOOD...
...
...
and he charmed the pants off of everyone in the office...
...
...
Dr. Kathy said she would just take him home with her, and mommy seriously considered taking her up on that....
...
...
for 2.5 seconds.
:)
~mj~




























No comments: