What a pity it is to have that dreaded "3rd child syndrome".
Yep. The baby book is pretty much blank. Hey, I'm a 3rd child, but mine's not blank! Of course, 80% of it was filled out by my 10 year old sister...ah! That's the ticket...time to put M on that!
So, I'm totally slacking on Owen's baby book, but *someday* I'll sit down here and pull up all the memories I've tried to preserve with this little blog, and get it up to date. That will work, right?
In the meantime, I try to document my little family here ~ for the benefit of friends and family who are far away, and for my own preservation as well. I just don't want to forget. anything.
Owen is at an absolutely delightful age. I could literally just gobble him up. I know loads of people hate the "terrible two's," but it's seriously one of my favorite ages. Go ahead...call me crazy.
The other day, we're at the play place at Chick-fil-A and he approaches a CUTE little blonde girl (who appears to be about 2 1/2 as well) and is *visibly* flirting with her! I couldn't hear exactly what he was saying, but I did make out, "watch this," right before he did a somersault for her. (I about died!) He then proceeded to swing on one of the bars, while looking over his shoulder to make sure his new girl was looking. WHERE does this kid LEARN this???
He also has some adorable mispronunciations. Here are my favorites:
caulkes ~ tickles
muckers ank ~ Monster's Inc. (movie)
wee-doh ~ play doh
...and when I am leaving after putting him to bed, I always say, "I love you! I'll see you in the morning," to which he replies,
"I love you in the morning!!" ~ :o)
There's more, but I'm drawing a blank. Terrible two's? Nah...more like terrific...and it's going by TOO quickly.
~mj~
1 comment:
Joey's baby book isn't even close to being complete! Eek!
Post a Comment