Here is what I've been up to lately. My little photography buisness has been keeping me very busy. Here are just a few of my most recent sessions. Love, love, LOVE the hands and feet only shots. Sweet babies...I just love them all!

Here is a family shot...which are my least favorite to shoot. First of all, I struggle with shooting anything posed, and then I *pose* people on a backdrop...eh...I'm not sure that's the direction I want to be heading with this. Posed photography is not what I'm going for, in fact it's the very reason I started this. I have dozens upon dozens of professional pictures from when my babies were babies. Now, I know photography at most places has come a long way in the past 13 years, but anyone care to wager a guess how many of these dozens and dozens of professional photos I have displayed in my home? Zero. (wait, I take that back I have a couple in my upstairs hall, but ah who counts those...NO one ever sees them.) But shooting newborns and their families, in the winter...well, sometimes it's just necessary. Plus, if I refused, I'd miss beautiful families such as this:

This poor little guy was NOT feeling well. Luckily, he humored us and we got some good shots anyway. Such a cutie!!
One of my favorites:
I just LOVE this little guy. I got to do his newborn photos ~ he was actually my very first newborn client! Luckily, he's also one of my very best friend's baby, so I get too follow this guy his whole first year and beyond. Could you not just eat him up!?! Oh my gosh...sa-weet!!!
He's definitely one of the most laid-back babies I've ever seen. Makes for the PERFECT subject. :o)
I love, when possible, to get Mom and Dad's hands in the pictures. I'm not a fan of propping babies...I'd rather see mom's hands in the shot than some awkwardly propped baby who looks miserably uncomfortable. See how content he is to have his mommy's hands with him?
More of my lil' friend...and more with Mom's hands...
Mom said she didn't want in the pictures this time, but she couldn't help but sneak some smootchies from her lil' sugar cube. Can't say I blame her...plus I LOVE to capture parents with their babies...

This is another newborn shoot I did for a precious family of 5. I had a blast with these guys...wonderful, beautiful people...

One of my favorites:
I just LOVE this little guy. I got to do his newborn photos ~ he was actually my very first newborn client! Luckily, he's also one of my very best friend's baby, so I get too follow this guy his whole first year and beyond. Could you not just eat him up!?! Oh my gosh...sa-weet!!!
He's definitely one of the most laid-back babies I've ever seen. Makes for the PERFECT subject. :o)
I love, when possible, to get Mom and Dad's hands in the pictures. I'm not a fan of propping babies...I'd rather see mom's hands in the shot than some awkwardly propped baby who looks miserably uncomfortable. See how content he is to have his mommy's hands with him?
More of my lil' friend...and more with Mom's hands...
Mom said she didn't want in the pictures this time, but she couldn't help but sneak some smootchies from her lil' sugar cube. Can't say I blame her...plus I LOVE to capture parents with their babies...
This is another newborn shoot I did for a precious family of 5. I had a blast with these guys...wonderful, beautiful people...



3 comments:
WOW!!!!!! The picture with the mom kissing and holding the baby is one of the nicest moments I have seen on film. So real.
BEAUTIFUL pictures!!
You are stinkin' talented! Hurry up and come home to take some of my kiddos would ya? :o)
*sigh* I have goosebumps! Just beautiful! And what adorable babies!!!! :)
Post a Comment