Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Head over heels...

...for this guy: Ok, so we do a multitude of bad habits with the lil' man. He had a bottle up until a few weeks ago ~ longer than either of the girls by a LONG shot. He even got it back when G was in the hospital because he was a bit out of sorts. He's not talking much at all. He communicates quite well with a series of grunts and gestures. Ahh...no worries.

We also lay down with him in his itty bitty race car bed to get him to sleep. We know, we know! We're creating a BAD habit. We've been here before, with M, and it's NO fun to break, but it's also the highlight of the day.

You see, when we lay there, the fan in his room drowns out the rest of the noise in the entire house. It's just me and him in the dark. Little boys aren't snuggly. I get that. But I miss it...and when we go "night-night" together, he magically transforms into a snuggler. He'll wrap his little arm around my neck and fall asleep nose-to-nose with me. He wrestles around, trying to find the best position that will make my escape nearly impossible, many times laying his little cheek directly on my cheek. We'll lay there for a minute or two, and EVERY time, I can feel his little face burst into a huge smile...which causes me to smile, and make him giggle.

Tonight, he laid his head on my bent arm. I could feel his sweet breath hitting my arm, and his eyelashes would sweep my arm with each slow blink. I was just feeling all warm and cozy when I felt it. A trickle of sweet, sticky drool runs down my arm. As my parents have told me numerous many times ~ these are the best days of my life. Cherish each slobbery moment. :o)

~mj~

No comments: