They finally started the Pitocin at about 2:30pm. After about an hour and a half, labor finally picked back up, and the first addition to our Team was born at 10:45PM, after 6 hours and 45 minutes of natural labor.
Our precious little pink bundle weighed 8lbs. 5oz., and was 21 inches long. She came out bright-eyed and alert (gotta love those natural labors) and ready to EAT!! :o)
I'll never forget our first night home with her. We slept on our fold out couch to be closer to her, and I'd tap G, literally every 20 minutes to go check on her. One time...actually it was probably about the 10th time, he dutifully gets out of the bed, goes to the crib, peers in and then comes trudging back to bed. I ask, "Is she ok?"
"Yep, she's still there," he replied, groggily.
"Well, is she still breathing?!?"
*Que exhausted sigh* as he gets BACK up to go check.
Yep, she's still there...that's not what I was worried about. :o)
Twelve years later, and she's still our little buddy. I absolutely, positively love having a 12 year old daughter. She's still the apple of our eye and just an all-around great kid. Loyal, kind hearted, sweet, genuine, funny, intelligent, responsible, humorous...just all around delight to be around:
~mj~
No comments:
Post a Comment