I've been digging around the 'net, recently, for articles on how I can improve my picture taking. I guess you could say that since I've had children to photograph, photography has become a hobby of mine. One of my favorite things to do is take pictures, and then digital scrap them into various layouts. I've been tinkering with the settings on my camera, and have even learned what category my camera falls into. My Panasonic, DMC-FZ5 falls into the "bridge" category. Not a point and shoot, but not an SLR. I'm finding it's limitations a bit frustrating, but certainly can't justify a bigger, better camera....at least until I've mastered all the tricks of my bridge camera. (Ha!)
One of the things that I've been reading, that has really inspired me is how to catch that "sparkle" in my kids' eyes ~ also known as catchlights. It's still ~cold~ here, so getting outside to find perfect photography lighting isn't really an option, so I've been playing with what light I've got pouring into my windows. Hey, who knew!!! :o)


Here's my sleepygrumpy guy. I love his little pouty lips, and that with digital photography I didn't waste any film, snapping away even though I knew he was crabby. :o)

N's eyes are a very unique color, for our family. She certainly doesn't fall into our typical blue category. I'd say her eyes are more of a hazel...adapting a bit to what she's got on. Her night shirt here is a brown, so her eyes look very hazel. Mine do that, to some degree too. Sometimes her eyes look as blue as can be, and others, like this, they look very hazel.


So, I'm off to find more articles and snap more pictures! :o)
Happy President's Day!!
~mj~
No comments:
Post a Comment